Want to work for an exciting NGO? Looking to live and work abroad? Want to make a difference in the lives of hundreds of farmers and their families? Look no further! Semilla Nueva is looking for an Office & Multimedia Manager down here in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala!
The Office & Multimedia Manager will be primarily responsible for the generation of inspirational and educational material and it’s subsequent broadcasting to our network of supporters and participant farmers. This job will also work to develop relationships that expand our reach, and burgeon support through successful campaigning. This is a keystone role in the organization, coordinating between the Executive Director and Program Directors to keep incoming media organized and crafting the outward flow of relevant stories from the field. This individual will also provide support for the selection and orientation of international volunteers, helping individuals contribute in meaningful ways to our programs. This role also involves upkeeping and improving the organizational framework and efficient systems that keep our programs functional, including accounting practices and field reporting systems. The position will be divided into an 80% office role in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala (also known as Xela), with about 20% devoted to field activities and organizational support on the southern coast (in the departments of Retalhuleu & Suchitepequez). This is a paid position, offering a competitive local salary, and an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of a growing international nonprofit!
• Leading an effective social media campaign through facebook, twitter, a monthly newsletter, biweekly blog posts, and video production.
• Multimedia development and design: creating inspirational and aesthetic materials about our projects, for use in the field and abroad
• Supporting field technicians: participating in farmer conferences and regional events
• Assistance in volunteer selection and orientation
• Basic accounting and filing practices
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work as part of a team
• One-year commitment
• Strong writing skills
• Bi-lingual in Spanish and English
• Experience working with social media and public relations campaigns
• Graphic design proficiency, especially with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Independent problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Organizational prowess
• An open mind and a willingness to learn!
• Passion for environmental justice and social change!
Recommended Skills and Qualifications:
• Management & team leadership experience
• Experience with social media software, especially MailChimp & Hootsuite
• Experience with basic accounting systems, especially Quickbooks software
• Experience with web editing software, especally WordPress
• Experience with video editing software
• Agricultural or development experience